The Ultimate Bali Food Guite

Coming to Bali was like coming to a new world. After have been living on noodles, porridge, salads and canned soup for months, we finally found ourselves in food heaven. I'm sure Australia and New Zealand have lots of great restaurants, but as a backpacker the prices in Bali felt better for both me and my wallet.

Before I even left Sweden I had already taken to Instagram to find the best cafes and restaurants. Bali offers a great range of food for both vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters. We tried everything from traditional Balinese cuisine to vegan burgers and sausages. The restaurants I've decided to feature in this post are mainly vegetarian and/vegan friendly places with a more western touch on the food. Bali is the perfect place for anyone on a budget who wants to eat the super healthy (?) and trendy "Instagram food".

Nalu Bowls, Uluwatu
I've been following Nalu Bowls' Instagram for ages, and I knew that this was a place I couldn't leave Bali without visiting. Colourful smoothie bowls with fruit, granola, seeds and all those healthy stuff no one knows the names of. Nalu Bowls are located in a few different places all over Bali, but my favourite spot was at Single Fin in Uluwatu. Breakfast, dinner or a mid day snack overlooking the beautiful Blue Point Beach. Keep an eye out for the surfers, they're everywhere!

Café Organic, Seminyak
Top left and right + bottom left: Café Organic
Bottom right: Sari Organik

Another Instagram account that led me to another food paradise was Café Organic. I remember when me and Ebba looked up their menu while we were in Australia and I've never in my life been as excited about a restaurant as I was then. Smoothie bowls from out of this world, pancakes, avocado on toast in different styles and with different sides. The first time we went there we walked for 25 minutes in 38 degrees and I regret nothing. If there's one place in Bali you need to go, It's Café Organic.

Sari Organik, Ubud
15 minutes by taxi and 20 minutes by foot among the rice fields, TripAdvisor made us do it!
If you fancy some organic, Indonesian cuisine with a western touch then Sari Organik is where you're supposed to go. It lays among the rice fields in the outskirts of Ubud, so expect to sit together with 50+ yoga gurus and tourists. Even though it took us a while to get our food (expect that pretty much everywhere on Bali), this place is up there with my favourites. After a refreshing smoothie and the best tofu I've ever had, the lack of air condition didn't matter.


Pituq Café, Gili Trawangan
If you find yourself on the island of Gili Trawangan, have some breakfast at Pituq. Pituq Café is and inland, 100% vegan restaurant with food that's to die for. How about some vegan sausage? Smoothies, juices and fruit salad? Coffee that actually tastes good (because even though you order coffee without sugar in Bali it will be sweeter than eating sugar with a spoon)? We went here every single day for breakfast, and what a breakfast it was! For 85 000Rp ( about £4.5 / $6.4) you get coffee/tea/juice/smoothie of your choice, one sweet and one savory breakfast. How good?

Make sure to check out my instagram for more food and travel inspiratio

2 kommentarer

  1. Your photos are so pretty. I'm really want to go to Bali but I was worried that I wouldn't find stuff to eat but now I have your guide to come back to. Thanks!
    Katie x
    http://thestylesceal.blogspot.ie/

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! :) there are lots of places, you'll definitely find something! x

      Radera

Latest Instagrams

© thatsellen. Design by Fearne.