The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser Review















Since I last blogged about my winter skincare essentials, I've updated my skincare routine quite a lot. I still sometimes use the Makeup Forever Gentle Cleansing Milk in the mornings, but I've added another moisturiser to my collection. 
Now, when the weather is warmer and the air feels more humid, I tend to reach for the lighter products. Unlike the winter months, the summer weather makes me crave a deep cleanse and a light moisturiser; something to get rid of all the London dirt and moisturises without feeling too oily.

The answer to my cravings? The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser! It claims to "Fight the look of fatigued skin. Boost radiance. Refine texture for smoother, softer-feeling skin". It's well known that vitamin C is the ultimate ingredient if you want a healthy looking complexion, and they have really gotten into the vitamin C theme with its citrusy scent.

According to me, those are some quite bold statements for a moisturiser to make. Glow boosting, moisturising AND it refines the texture of you skin? I thought I'd let you know that I've just purchased my second one of these, and I can tell you: it works! I haven't really seen any change in the texture of my skin, probably since I'm still rocking the youthful complexion. However, my skin is definitely looking healthier and more glowing compared to before!

I remember the night when I first tried this. I woke up in the middle of the nigh, and for some reason I touched my face. I've literally never felt so soft, and when I woke up my skin was glowing. Since that day, I've been stuck. I use it morning and night, and sometimes combine it with a serum for an extra moisturising boost.
One of my biggest problems have been just dull and tired looking skin. I suspect it's all the pollution in the air that has made my skin looking grey and grumpy since I moved to London, since I've never had these kinds of problems before. The light, sorbet-like texture of the moisturiser quickly sinks into the skin without making it feel greasy or oily, and I know I can put some makeup on or just go to sleep without my face feeling greasy after a few minutes.

I'm not one to rave about moisturisers. I've tried so so many, but they always leave the area around my nose and chin feeling oily and dirty. Luckily I've found this one, which appears to be the perfect combination to my skin. If you, just like me, want to boost radiance and moisture without feeling oily, this is the product for you! Retailing at £16 for 50ml, it's on the more pricy side for a drugstore girl like me, but I can assure you that it's money well spent. 

6 kommentarer

  1. Ooh, this sounds lovely! Does it have a scent? I feel like it would smell citrusy, which would be perfect for Summer.

    amberelb.com

    SvaraRadera
  2. The cream looks so refreshing! Would consider trying it.

    ANOUK

    SvaraRadera
  3. Oh this cream sounds so good! Definitely something my skin needs!
    x Emily
    http://shedoes.com.au

    SvaraRadera
  4. The Body Shop seem to be forever impressing with their balms and lotions! I'm seriously tempted to give this one a try, especially after your description of waking up in the middle of the night to super-smooth skin (can you tell I love instant results?!)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    SvaraRadera
  5. seems like a great product ♥

    Claudia, xx
    www.thewhiteprint.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera

Latest Instagrams

© thatsellen. Design by Fearne.